Catholic Charities is currently accepting applications for its Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault shelter in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Under the supervision of the shelter coordinator, provides crisis intervention, support services, and shelter coverage for domestic and sexual violence victims. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides emotional support to shelter guests and demonstrates sensitivity and supports those in crisis and is non-judgmental and tactful in words and actions.
- Intervenes in crisis situations, using approved methods promoting the safety of all residents.
- Communicates with supervisor and designated staff regarding pertinent client issues.
- Provides referrals to community resources.
- Conducts intakes with new clients to include reviewing shelter policies, tours of the facility, completing intake paperwork and providing needed personal supplies.
- Monitors supplies such as bedding, towels, pillows, etc.; prepares rooms for new clients.
- Monitors the facility for safety and cleanliness.
- Conducts client exit interviews, when necessary.
- Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of the shelter facility.
High School Diploma or equivalent with 6 months to 1 year of experience working in a residential facility, shelter, or similar environment. College courses in human relations, social work or similar field desired. The following shifts are currently available:
Monday and Friday 7am -12pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 5-10pm
Monday 9pm - Tuesday 7am
Tuesday 9pm – Wednesday 7am
Applicants can apply for one or more shifts up to 27.5 hours per week